Saturday, December 29, 2012

Painting: recreating Starry Night

Remember how I mentioned in this tutorial I was busy with projects? Well here is one of those projects that has kept me busy.



Looks familiar?



That's right! I recreated one of Vincent van Gogh's most famous painting Starry Night on a 24 inch wide and 18 inch high canvas for my sister.


She was quite persistent about wanting this particular one. 



At first I was a bit hesitant, and quite rightly so since the last time I made an actual painting was way back in 2006 (or was it 2007?). And I had never worked on a canvas before!



Anyhow, I decided to do the painting in acrylics since it's a faster medium to work with. 



And love how it turned out!



This is one painting I enjoyed replicating and I found the colors, 
the swirls and the entire composition quite therapeutic. 






In fact, working on Starry Night removed the block in my head that had developed due to time spent in a business school.





The painting now hangs in my sister's room and has received so many compliments!



Would love to hear what you guys think.




Have a lovely weekend!




1 comment: